Education Cabinet Secretary Prof George Magoha released this year’s KCSE examination results at Knec headquarters on Dennis Pritt road today.
Buruma Tony from Kapsabet Boys High School is this year’s top Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) candidate after scoring an A of 87.159 points.
Here is the list of top ten students in the country ;
- Buluma Wabuko Toni Kapsabet Boys
- Barasa Maryanne Njeri – Kenya High
- Aboge David Adhiambo – Kapsabet Boys
- Antony Auwor Ochieng – Maseno School
- Mathuri Natasha Wawira – Kenya High School
- Kizito Ezra Sikuta – Moi High School Kabarak
- – Nong’ali Chemengat – Alliance Girls
- Ndathi Ellen Njoki Kenya High School
- Siele Chelangat Irene – Moi Forces Lanet
- Laura Chelangat Ruto – St Brigid Kimilili
Total number of candidates
A total of 699,745 candidates sat this year’s Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) examinations.
This year’s examination which was conducted between November 4 and 27 and marking started on November 28 in 20 schools in Nairobi and it’s environs and concluded on Thursday.
Markers in Laikipia, Starehe Girls Centre in Nairobi and Machakos Girls High School threatened to stall the process over what they termed as poor pay but KNEC resolved the dispute.
Last year, a total of 660,204 candidates sat for the examination with Juliet Otieno from Pangani Girls, Nairobi emerging as the top student scoring an A of 87.664 points.